Friday, August 1, 2008

you know your getting OLDER when.......

I went for my yearly check up back in May and my doctor told me that she wanted me to have a mammogram done this year!! I thought to myself whatever.... I should still have a few more years. When I walked out to leave that day the nurse handed me a piece of paper that said it was scheduled for the next week!! What??!! I could not handle that so a few days later I called a rescheduled it. My reschedule date was August 1st. I will say that August 1st just creeped up on me, and I didn't have a chance to reschedule again. So.....This morning with my 2 sweet teenage daughters I go to have my very first mammogram. Let me just say that I didn't think it was that bad at all. Not something I would want to do all of the time but manageable. Morgan really cracked me up....She said while they were waiting for me a girl came out and her chest was all red. Morgan said....."I feel sorry for mama."

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Oh my goodness! My doctor said the same of me this year and I have not scheduled it yet (um, waited 5 months so far!!). I'm so glad to hear it isn't too bad, so thanks for trying it out first for the rest of us! :-)

Love ya!